Graduating high school seniors can apply for a scholarship worth up to $10,000 through the Cox Cares Scholars program.
A total of $75,000 in scholarships will be awarded to San Diego County students in time for the Fall 2013 college semester.
The Cox Cares Scholars program, which is funded by the Cox Cares Foundation and sponsored by Mission Federal Credit Union, recognizes the hard work and commitment of high school seniors who have overcome personal challenges while staying committed to their educational goals.
Interested students who live in a Cox Communications service area can apply online at www.cox-cares.org. Online applications must be started no later than February 4, but can be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on February 6.
- Graduating high school seniors who live in a San Diego service area
- Enrolling full-time at an accredited California two-year college or four-year university
- Have a minimum un-weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or work experience
- Have a demonstrated financial need
- United States citizens or permanent residents