If this was your first full week of work this year, you definitely deserve a break—so welcome to the weekend!
Patch found activities for the next few days coming full steam ahead!
Bring out the fishing poles and catch some trout in Santee
Here are five things to do in East County this weekend.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: Gone fishing? 2,000 pounds of trout will be deposited into Santee Lakes. Catch the biggest trophy trout and win a prize!
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 and Sunday, Jan. 13. Santee Lakes opens at 6 a.m.
- Where: Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve, 9310 Fanita Pky, Santee.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Who says football is just for men? Attention women athletes, bring your atheletic skills and try out for San Deigo Surge.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 13 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Santana High School, 9915 N Magnolia Ave, Santee.
- Price: $40.
- What's Up: Wigs for Kids and Disney on Ice will host a hair donation event. Donate your long locks to benefit kids who lost their hair from medically related hair loss.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Where: Mastercuts, 415 Parkway Plz, El Cajon.
- What's Up: Gaze up into the sky and learn more about the sparkling stars in the sky. Mission Trails Regional Park Trail Guide and resident star-gazer, George Varga will take you to the galaxy and beyond.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Mission Trails Regional Park, 1 Father Junipero Serra Trl, San Diego.
- Price: Free.