Do your weekend plans include sitting inside and sulking, or beating the rainy blues and getting outside?
Patch found activities for you to explore (rain or shine) all over East County.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: Check out the classic movie come alive on stage. The Wizard of Oz will take you through a musical journey through the yellow brick road with the carecrow, The Tin Man, The Lion and more.
- When: 7 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 9 and 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 10
- Where: ENCORE! Theatre, 9620 Campo Rd, Spring Valley
- Price: $10-$15
- What's Up: Helix Charter High School and Visionary Dance Theatre will present In Five Words or Less. The dance performance will showcase Helix students performing works created by professional dancers.
- When: 8 p.m. on both Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9
- Where: Helix Charter High School, 7323 University Ave, La Mesa
- Price: $6
- What's Up: Volunteers will collect trash along the river habitat due to illegal dumping and debris from state route 52.
- When: 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 9
- Where: Volunteers will meet at the field next to the Santee Equestrian Center, 7980 Mission Gorge Rd, Santee
- What's Up: SPRITES of East County will host their annual benefit. The benefit will include a silent auction, fashion show, dance performances and catered lunch. The Drive-in Thru The 50's themed event will help benefit various SPRITES charities.
- When: 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 9
- Where: Skyline Church, 11330 Campo Road, La Mesa
- Price: $30
- What's Up: Did you know owls live within Mission Trails? MTRP Trail Guide and Bird Walk leader, Jeanne Raimond will lead a guided walk and search for owls.
- When: 5:30 p.m. on Saturday March 10
- Where: Mission Trails Regional Park, 1 Father Junipero Serra Trl, San Diego
- Price: Free