Here’s another reason to brag to all your family and friends who don’t live in San Diego: We have a whole week dedicated to beer. And what’s more is that that “week” is actually nine days long. Let’s clink mugs to that.
The “week” long event kicked off this morning, beginning at 7 a.m., with beer events at breweries and restaurants all over the county. The official kick-off party is this Saturday at Liberty Station in Point Loma with a San Diego Brewers Guild Festival. The festival includes live music, food tastings and pairings and, of course, beer tasting, sipping, guzzling—you get the idea.
General admission to the kick off festival on Saturday is $35 and includes a commemorative glass. With general admission, you’ll get into the festival at 1 p.m. If you just have to have your beer as soon as possible, VIP tickets are also available for $55. They get you into the festival at 11 a.m. and include a special beer and food pairing, provided by the Brewers Guild. Click here to purchase your tickets online and early—ticket prices go up $5 if you wait to buy at the gate.
Local Beer Week:
Santee's own up-and-coming is making a showing at at least three events around town this week, including .
The is featuring events during this entire beer-tastic week. Call up the restaurant for pricing at 619-449-6441.
- Nov. 4: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner. Keep the pint glass if you order Double IPA.
- Nov. 5: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner. Keep the pint glass if you order Double IPA.
- Nov. 6: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner. Keep the pint glass if you order Double IPA.
- Nov. 7: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner. Keep the pint glass if you order Double IPA.
- Nov. 8: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner. Keep the pint glass if you order Double Bastard, Ruination Double IPA or Stone special edition beer.
- Nov. 9: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner/ Manzanita Brewing night. Keep the pint glass if you order Chaotic Double IPA or Where There’s Smoke There’s Rye Ale.
- Nov. 10: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner.
- Nov. 11: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner.
- Nov. 12: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner/Ballast Point Tap Takeover.
- Nov. 13: 3-course Beer Pairing Dinner.
Other Major Beer Week Events:
CRAFT BEER CRAWL
This Sunday event stretches from North County to South. The crawl starts at Churchill’s Pub and Grille (887 W San Marcos Blvd, San Marcos) with a shuttle ride down to South County to pay a visit to Johnny Brown’s, Tornado and Monkey Paw.
After you’ve sipped some suds there, the shuttle, which will house a five-gallon keg of Green Flash Brewing Co. beer, will take you on a five-hour tour with stops at numerous breweries in San Diego.
Only 40 people will get a chance for this incredible crawl. Tickets are $39. Buy them online here and secure yourself a spot on this alcoholic adventure. The crawl is Sunday, Nov. 6.
SILVA STOUT RELEASE AND RARE BEER TASTING
Green Flash Brewing Co. (6550 Mira Mesa Blvd., San Diego) is holding a special event in their new tasting room that will feature the release of their original archived batch of Silva Stout.
Brewmaster Chuck Silva will be present to talk about the tastings and guests will get a four-pack of the Silva Stout, a commemorative glass, tastes of four barrel-aged beers and an amazing food pairing. Guests will sip the stout while they eat a salmon confit with micro arugula salad, featuring smoked apple caramelized ginger flan, candied orange zest, toasted hazelnuts, and truffle oil—immersed in Silva Stout reduction.
Only 300 tickets will be sold for this exclusive event. Buy your online here for $45. The event is on Nov. 8 from 3-7 p.m.
CHEFS CELEBRATION OF SAN DIEGO BREWERS
This is the official closing event of San Diego Beer Week. The best of San Diego craft beer is paired with food from amazing local chefs. Each admission includes unlimited tasters of beer and food. Each brewery will be paired with a local chef for a unique and delicious beer- and food-pairing event.
Visit the official website of San Diego Beer Week for extra details and more information about this buzzworthy event at sdbw.org.