For the seventh year we are excited to announce that the will be holding Museum Day on Saturday, September 29, sponsored by the Smithsonian Magazine.
The museum will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on that day and all the activities are free to the public.
We are sending a special invitation to the East County Community residents along with schools, home school groups, and churches who regularly book tours during the year to participate in the special events listed below.
- Guest Speakers include Darek Isaacs & Ray Comfort
- Topics covered Dragons & Dinosaurs, Creation vs. Evolution, & Tabernacle
- Grand Opening Of the Tabernacle & The Age of the Earth Exhibits- Free Self Guided Tours
- “Creeping Things” a live reptile encounter, will be presented by Nate Hutcherson, for young and old throughout the day.
- Kids activities include petting zoo, animal balloons, face-painting
- Light refreshments will be served throughout the day along with Krispy Kreme Donuts and Chick Fila
- Our bookstore will feature new titles, special sales, and raffle prizes throughout the day
ABOUT THE MUSEUM:The Creation and Earth History Museum is dedicated to the Biblical account of science and history. Dr. Henry Morris and the Institute of Creation Research launched the Creation and Earth History Museum in 1992. For 20 years, ICR developed and grew the exhibits and school . Upon ICR’s move to Texas in 2008, the entire museum and its contents were sold to Scantibodies Laboratory, Inc. Tom Cantor, the owner of Scantibodies Laboratory, Inc., and his wife Cheryl founded a non-profit 501c3 ministry called Light and Life Foundation. The Light and Life Foundation owns the museum and continues exhibit expansion. The current 10,000 sq. ft. facilities displays a showcase for a literal six-day creation and young earth with an ever-growing emphasis on God’s design in creation. Our FREE museum is located 20 minutes outside downtown San Diego in Santee, CA and welcomes over 25,000 visitors annually.