With today’s technology options, it is very easy for many to enjoy the telecommuting benefits of working at home.However, even with the latest tools and technology, there are still some important factors to consider if you are lacking a professional workplace. Let's look at 5 things to consider about a professional workplace that are so important in providing a business image:
1. Professional Image - A physical business address versus a home address or Post Office box is important to your customers’ perception in determining if they believe you are a reliable business. It may not be important if you deliver exceptional products and services, however, you may miss the opportunity to show them if you do not present a professional, credible image in the beginning.
2. Distractions – The distractions of a home office (barking dogs, kids, chores, spouses) can throw your concentration and productivity off course quickly, not to mention the reflection on your business if these noises can be heard in the background of an important call.
3. Meetings – A professional place to meet your clients and colleagues improves your image and shows you are serious about your business. It also ensures that the privacy of your negotiations and discussions is protected and eliminates the distractions and interruptions of a meeting in a public venue or a home environment.
4. Privacy – Personal privacy regarding your home address is important so you do not have uninvited visitors showing up at your door without warning. This could be a big problem if you are not presentable for the business world.
5. Package Delivery – You may miss important package deliveries if you are not home.
In addition to the convenience and other benefits of working at home, the office space rent savings is a huge benefit. Many telecommuters are finding the virtual offices of Intelligent Office to be a great hybrid workplace solution that allows the freedom to work just about anywhere, yet provide the professional business address, meeting place and other business amenities as needed at a fraction of the cost for office space. And best of all the costs associated with a virtual office can start as low as $47.00/mo.
If you would like more information on how you can benefit from a virtual office, please contact Intelligent Office for more friendly and courteous information.
Intelligent Office of San Diego
4275 Executive Square, Suite 200
La Jolla, CA 92037