10News Interviews Santee Teen Burned by Fireplace

18-year-old Schannon Burr was taken to the UCSD burn center, with reported first and second degree burns.

Schannon Burr, an 18-year-old Santee resident who was recently burned while lighting a gas fireplace, was interviewed by 10News about the ordeal.

Last Thursday she was rushed from her home near Prospect Avenue to the UCSD burn center at about 8 p.m., with reported first degree burns on her arms and second degree on her face.

She is now out of the hospital and back home.

According to the 10News report, SDG&E checked the fireplace and said there was a blockage in the gas pipe that caused the accident

Burr told viewers to make sure you light the match first and then turn on the gas and SDG&E added that special matches for lighting fireplace should be used.

The Burr family is switiching to wood burning fireplace.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »