Local crime stories from the past week:
Incidents of note from Sheriff's press book:
According to reports at the Santee station of the San Diego County
Sheriff's Department as of September 5, 2011.
Unless otherwise indicated no suspect information was reported.
• A 31-year-old man was cited on a misdemeanor weapons allegation after being stopped by a deputy at North Magnolia Avenue and Alexander Way shortly after 8 p.m. on Sept. 5. He was reportedly armed with a concealed automatic handgun and was not the registered owner, according to a report.
• A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and
violating probation following a traffic stoop at 10200 Woodglen Vista
Drive shortly before 10 p.m. Sept. 3. Gary Aguirre was booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego on suspicion of the misdemeanor allegations.
• Colton Freund, 20, was arrested on felony possession of dangerous weapons after being stopped by a deputy in the 9800 block of Mission Gorge Road at 8:28 p.m. on Sept. 3. He was reportedly armed with what was described as a "lethal cutting instrument" and booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego.
• Deputies cited and released a 48-year-old man identified as Ricky Cruze after he was detained on suspicion of shoplifting at the , 100 Town Center Parkway, at 4:37 p.m. on Sept. 3.
• Deputies cited a 41-year-old man on suspicion of illegally camping in
public park while patrolling the San Diego River Bottom shortly after 1
a.m. on Sept. 3.
• An unnamed juvenile was detained after deputies were called to investigate a reported vandalism at 10:32 a.m. on Sept. 1. An estimated $200 damage was discovered in the 9300 block of Oakbourne Road by a 49-year-old male victim.
• A 46-year-old man was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant after deputies were called to investigate a report of a person down at 6:59 p.m. Aug. 31. David Morrison was booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego.
• Cynthia Bozarth, 41, was booked into the women's jail in
Santee on suspicion of felony commercial burglary after being arrested at , 200 Town Center Parkway, at 2:35 p.m. Aug. 31. Items valued at $197 were reportedly recovered in the incident.
• An unnamed person was cited and released on a felony burglary allegation after deputies were called to the Kohl's, 940 Mission Gorge Road, at 2:55 p.m. on Aug. 30. An estimated $58 worth of miscellaneous clothing was reported recovered in the incident.
• A 21-year-old woman was detained after deputies were called to the 8700 block of Mast Boulevard at 10:35 p.m. on Aug. 27. She was cited and released on suspicion of being a convicted felon in possession of tear gas.
• An 18-year-old man was cited on a misdemeanor shoplifting allegation after deputies were called to the Wal Mart at 7:45 p.m. on Aug. 30. Miscellaneous items valued at $33 were recovered and he was released after receiving the citation, according to a report.
• Deputies arrested a 34-year-old man on a felony commercial burglary allegation after they were called to the Wal Mart at 100 Town Center Parkway at 5:18 p.m. on Aug. 30. Fabian Atencia was booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego. A camera valued at $59 was reportedly recovered in the case.
• A 42-year-old man was arrested on a battery allegation after deputies were called to a disturbance in the 10400 block of North Magnolia Avenue at 1:31 a.m. on Aug. 29. He was reported arrested shortly after deputies arrived at the scene. The unnamed victim sustained a minor injury, according to a report.
• A 42-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest and public drunkenness at 7:50 p.m. on Aug. 27. He was arrested in the 9600 block of Cuyamaca near Riverwalk and booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego.
• A juvenile was turned over to an unspecified jurisdiction after being
taken into custody shortly after 5 p.m. Aug. 27 at Atlas View Drive and
Prospect Avenue. The runaway juvenile was deemed "beyond parental
control." The other agency was not identified in the report.
• James Kelly, 47, was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant after being stopped in the 9600 block of Mission Gorge Road on the afternoon of Aug. 27. He was booked into County Jail in downtown San Diego.
• The 7 Eleven reported the theft of miscellaneous food items valued at $40 at 4:38 p.m. on Aug. 27. No suspect information was reported.
Vehicle thefts (No values listed unless otherwise indicated):
10200 block of Mast Boulevard at 3:44 p.m. on Sept. 5. Brown four-door
sedan valued at $3,500.
200 block of Brookview Court at 9:19 a.m. on Aug. 30. Gray pickup valued
8700 block of Cottonwood Avenue at 5:12 p.m. on Aug. 29. Orange pickup
valued at $10,000.
1200 block of Persimmon Ave. shortly after 10 a.m. on Aug. 22 Tan vehicle
valued at $10,000.
Misdemeanor vandalism reports ($400 or less):
8600 block of Graves Avenue at 9:41 p.m. on Aug. 22.
Commercial burglary ($20,000)
VIP Auto Sales, 9200 Mission Gorge Road at 8:44 a.m.
Residential burglary (stolen items valued at $550 to $2,000)
8300 block of Dube Court at 2:33 p.m. Sept. 1
8500 block of Graves Avenue at 3:48 a.m. on Aug. 24.
Felony vehicle burglaries:
10100 block of Strathmore Drive at 11:27 a.m. on Sept. 3.
9500 block of Medina Drive, 11:50 a.m. Aug. 31.
9900 Delia Lane, 4:39 a.m. Aug. 26.
9100 block of Mast Boulevard shortly after 8 a.m. on Aug. 10.
Petty theft from vehicles:
9900 block of Delia Lane, 4:39 a.m. Aug. 26.
100 block of Silvercreek Drive, 7:53 p.m. Aug. 26.
9900 block of Delia Lane at 4:39 a.m. on Aug. 26.
8700 block of Buena Valley Drive at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 23.
Felony vandalism ($400 or more)
9100 block of Northcote Road at 1:54 p.m. on Aug. 26
9100 block of Northcote Road at 5:16 p.m. on Aug. 30.
10400 block of North Magnolia Avenue at 11:56 a.m. on Aug. 30.
8700 block of Summercrest Lane at 11:39 p.m. on Aug. 24.
Misdemeanor vandalism (less than $400)
9300 Carlton Oaks Drive shortly before 6 a.m. on Aug. 9.
To see a complete listing of crimes and/or to keep an eye on daily updated Santee crimes, check out CrimeMapping.com.