• Two paroled felons were arrested after a theft was reported in the 8800 block of Donna Jean Lane shortly after midnight on March 9. John William Himes, 29, and Cory William Campbell, 21, were both arrested without incident and booked into the County Jail in downtown San Diego. Both also face additional allegations of felony conspiracy and misdemeanor theft from a vehicle. Additionally, Campbell was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public.
Jail records show bail for Himes was set at $20,000 on the theft charge with a prior. He's scheduled to appear in an El Cajon courtroom on March 17. Campbell, according to jail records, has already been sentenced for the violation and is now housed in the George Bailey Detention Facility.
• A 41-year-old man was cited on suspicion of stealing a cable TV signal near the intersection of Big Rock road and Woodpecker way on the morning of March 7. The alleged theft was reported by , according to a report. Jason Benacka, who listed his occupation as an electrician, was issued a misdemeanor citation before being released, according to a report.
• The report of a "suspicious person" in the 9700 block of Lutheran Way on the morning of March 10 resulted in the arrest of a 32-year-old man on three felony allegations, according to a report. Michael Keavney was booked into the County Jail in downtown San Diego on suspicion of possessing for sale, possessing concentrated cannabis and committing a felony while out on bail.
• Authorities are investigating the theft of more than $2,800 from an elderly woman in the 10000 block of Timberlane Way on the morning of March 10. The theft occurred during a two month period that began on Dec. 28 of last year, according to a report. No suspect information was listed.
• A juvenile was arrested after a shoplifting report at the in the 9400 block of Mission Gorge Road on the afternoon of March 10. About $10 in earrings were recovered in the case, which is being referred to juvenile court.
• A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of making felony threats after a complaint by a 34-year-old woman in the 10000 block of Chantilly Court on the evening of March. 10. Sean Arevalo was booked into the County Jail in downtown San Diego after the citizen's arrest, according to a report.
• A vehicle valued at $6,000 was reported stolen in the 8800 block of Donna Jean Lane on the morning of March 11. The vehicle, taken from a 20-year-old woman, was described only as a red two-door sedan. No suspect information was listed in the report.
• Jewelry was reported stolen from a building in the 10000 block of Corkwood Avenue on the morning of March 11. The 42-year-old female victim listed the loss of bracelets, necklaces and earrings with a total value of $7,672. No suspect information was listed.
• Two computers were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 9200 block of Inwood Drive on the afternoon of March. 11. The 40-year-old victim listed the total value of the computers at $2,200.
• An 18-year-old woman was arrested at the in the 9600 block of
Mission Gorge Road on the evening of March 11. Karsten Hamrick was booked
into the Las Colinas women's jail on a felony allegation of commercial
burglary. Miscellaneous food items valued at less than $20 were recovered.
• Also at the Von's, Kristy Neill, 29, was arrested in a misdemeanor case during the morning of March 11, according to a report. Neill was turned over to another law enforcement agency which was not detailed in the report and was subsequently booked into Las Colinas.
• Earlier that evening, deputies were called to the nearby after items valued at nearly $200 were recovered in an alleged shoplifting case. Jose Cabrera was
booked into the County Jail in downtown San Diego on the misdemeanor allegation. Previously, authorities have said that arrests of this nature are investigated as felonies if it can be determined the suspect entered the store with the intent of committing a crime.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized on Via Montisi on the morning of March 12. The 45-year-old victim reported the blue pickup sustained about $600 in damage. No suspect information was included in the report.
• Shasto Lowe, 24, was arrested on a suspicion of battery following a citizen's report in the 9200 block of north Magnolia venue on March 13. She was booked into the after the 61-year-old victim complained of suffering a minor injury, the nature of which was not detailed in the report.
• A 46-year-old woman reported the theft of numerous items from a vehicle in the 9800 block of Avanti Avenue on the afternoon of March 5. The items were actually stolen on Feb. 19, according to the victim. No reason was given for the delay in the report. The vehicle contained 25 bags and tools with a total value of $2,995, according to a report. No suspect information was listed.
• A 32-year-old man was arrested after an alleged battery was reported in the 11400 block of Woodside Avenue on the evening of March 10. Ernesto Sigala was booked on a felony allegation in the County Jail in downtown San Diego after deputies responded to the incident, which reportedly resulted in a major injury to a 22-year-old man. Sigala was arrested unarmed and without incident, according to the report.