.

Santee Teenager Seriously Burned in Fireplace Accident

The 18-year-old female was taken to the UCSD burn center, with reported first and second degree burns.

Updated January 7 @ 8 a.m.

An 18-year-old female was badly burned Thursday night while trying to light a gas fireplace in Santee, according to a report by ABC 10 News.

Schannon Burr was transferred from her home at Dortha Court and Prospect Avenue to the UCSD burn center at about 8 p.m., with reported first degree burns on her arms and second degree on her face.

She is now out of the hospital and back home.

Also read: Suspect in Lakeside Arson of Own Home in Court Friday

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »