You can call up, send emails all over, and reach out in many directions in looking for an answer to a local problem or help with an issue- or we can get that question right to , and he can use his resources and local government know-how to get the best answer around.
Send your questions or comments on any topic, preferably a local issue, to email@example.com, or leave it as a comment below, and we'll pass it onto Mayor Voepel. He's agreed to shoot for answering one a week, so let's keep those questions coming!
This is an American Lung Association, State of Tobacco Control 2012 local grades "."
I have taken some on Santee getting an . We are also the , although it must be 20 feet away from the Children’s Playgrounds. I am , from a personal freedom viewpoint.
Here is why (source data attached in PDFs):
- Two percent, (12) of California Cities and Counties received an A rating, none in San Diego County, 0 percent.
- Four percent, (24) of Cities and Counties received a B rating, El Cajon and Solana Beach in SD County, 11 percent.
- 12 percent (63) of Cities and Counties received a C rating, Vista in SD County, 5 percent.
- 16 percent (84) of Cities and Counties received a D rating, Chula Vista, Del Mar, Encinitas
- Escondido, National City, and San Diego, 31 percent.
- 66 percent (355) of Cities and Counties received an F rating, Carlsbad, Coronado, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Oceanside, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, and County Unincorporated, 53 percent.
These are not my numbers, but the American Lung Association numbers supplied by Lisa Archibald (www.lung.org/california) of that organization.
I don’t need to spin the numbers (never do anyway, truth is truth), they speak for themselves. When a majority of people want more smoking bans, the truth is that they are in the minority.
Santee has many larger challenges facing our City. Power Plants, , many , , , keeping the going, keeping a , fighting the , on and on. Second hand smoke, in open air, 20 feet away from children issues are WAY down the “problem” food chain for me.
No City of Santee Staff time or resources were used in the production of this Dear Randy.
Mayor, the Proud City of Santee