Below is a summary of what is due to occur at this week's Council meeting. Santee Patch regularly reports on Council meetings, so check back on Wednesday night for the lowdown on the meeting.
The next begins Wed., Jan. 25, 2011:
Coucil Items and Reports
The City Council will present picks for local appointments to committee boards. Vacancies are open for appointments to:
• Santee Library Committee
• Council Salary Setting Committee
The council will vote to designate the San Diego County Housing Authority to take over for the Santee Redevelopment Commission assets and functions.
• Appeal of the decision of the Santee Manufactured Home Fair Practices Commission (MHFPC) regarding the request for an submitted by Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELP) for the .
An decided that there was no evidence to suggest that rents should be raised. An appeal was put in by ELP, but no specific errors in the commissions findings were pointed out. ELP asked that the Council consider the matter. The Council is the only body that can override the decision of the MHFPC.
• Authorization for the City Manager and City Attorney to negotiate a relocation package with representatives of a national company that has focused on a Santee site.
Closed Session (public not invited)
• Discussion of budget cuts to balance the $1.2 million annual deficit. They will be discussing further details that were brought up at the .
• Conference with legal counsel about "anticipated litigation" concerning the mobile home rent control ordinance.
If you want to publicly comment on any topic, fill out a speaker slip at the beginning of the meeting.
For more detailed information see the full council agenda in the media box or download here.