Video Blog: Councilmembers John Minto and Jack Dale Start
Below is a summary of what is due to occur at this week's Council meeting. Santee Patch regularly livestreams video of Council meetings and reports on important happenings, so check back for the lowdown on the meeting.
The next begins Wed., June 13, 2012 at 7 pm:
• The San Diego River Park Foundation will present a certificate of appreciation for Santee's role in the Take Pride in America program. All sorts of organizations teamed up to recently.
• The American Cancer Society will accept a proclamation honoring the 13th annual relay in Santee.
• engineering program students will be recognized for taking their school motto seriously: "Home of scholars and champions." They have won numerous competitions this year, including and Chevron Design competitions.
• will present $34,500 to the city to sponsor , event and .
• The council will be asked to adopt four resolutions for the Nov. election, in which Santee will vote for Mayor and one City Council position.
In Feb., 2011 the City Council decided to perform a cost allocation plan and comprehensive study of city user fees. A report on the newly suggested fee schedule has been returned and the council must discuss and vote whether to confirm the new prices. The new fees could result in ans estimated $471, 690 average annual increase in cost recovery for the city.
City Council Report
• Councilmen and will "introduce a number of issues for council discussion on the as they may, now or in the future, have important ramifications to the quality of life in the community." It isn't clear what will be discussed, though all signs point to the Quail Brush Power Plant. A press conference is planned prior to the City Council meeting on Wednesday.
City Council will discuss whether to approve a contract for pavement rehabilitation, drainage improvements, widening and sidewalk improvements in the Buena Vista Ave. and Railroad Ave. area. See more in the agenda.
If you want to publicly comment on any topic, fill out a speaker slip at the beginning of the meeting.
For more detailed information see the full council agenda in the media box or download here.