Below is a summary of what is due to occur at this week's Council meeting. Santee Patch regularly reports on Council meetings, so check back on Wednesday night for the lowdown on the meeting.
The next begins Wed., March 23, 2011:
Invocation: Dr. Gwen Cooper, US West Falun Dafa
- Rocognition of Santana and West Hills High Schools Academic Leagues for taking and place, respectively, in the GUHSD Academic League this year.
- Recognition of appreciation to Jay Renard, who has been photographing Santee events since 2008 as a member of SPARC and teaching photography to the community through the City'sPark and Rec program.
- Second reading of local , to be adopted Jan. 12, 2011, relating to fire sprinkler systems.
- Public hearing approving transfer of the new at Olive Lane and Via Zapador, now known as the Forester Square Apartment Project, to the City's Community Development Commission, essentially moving the project forward.
New Business: Informational report on factors impacting the FY 2011-12 and 2012-13 City operating budget. Santee Patch will be analyzing this report and closely covering budget matters.
Community Development Commission:
- Every five years the City's Redevelopment Agency must come up with a new Five-Year Redevelopment Implementation Plan, outlining the vision of the for the future. The full five-year plan can be seen in the media box. A public hearing will be held, and the Council will likely approve of the plan, which doesn't actually approve of any projects, it simply firms in place the agency's plans for the next five years.
If you want to publicly comment on any topic, fill out a speaker slip at the beginning of the meeting.
For more detailed information see the full council agenda in the media box or download here.