Summer vacation has just begun, but does it seem like the kids have been around the house for ages already?
We're into week three of the YMCA's 12 week summer day camp schedule, so there's plenty of time to get registered and having fun before school starts up again! Not only can you occupy the kid's time, but you can get in shape or learn a new sport or hobby with one of their many programs at the same time.
You can view the detailed East County YMCA Summer Day Camp guide here, which includes plenty of aquatics, fitness, educational and other fun things to do at , and the other two full-service East County YMCA’s.
I know it's last minute, but if you sign-up for a YMCA Membership now, you get 50 percent off the Membership Joining Fee and the Summer Family Fun Pack, which has special discounts like $5 off per Camp Week & Group Swim Session, $10 off a session of Gymnastics, Pee Wee or Youth Sports and three Months of FREE Youth Fitness at the Santee facility.
The deal is only available until Thursday, June 30, so jump on it ASAP if you're interested.
Summer YMCA activities include:
- Child Care – Licensed Child Care, After School Programs and Free Child Watch while working out for Family YMCA Members.
- Swim, Sports & Play – Gymnastics (beginning at age 12 months), Teen Clubs, Youth Sports (beginning at age 2 years), Swim Lessons (beginning at age 6 months) and Teams.
- Summer Camp - The East County Family YMCA provides exciting, fun and educational camp programming for children and teens including: Radical Reptiles and Friends Camp, Splash Camp, Leaders in Training Camp, Gymnastics Camp, Ocean in Motion Camp, Equestrian Camp, Web Design Camp, Archery Camp and More! Camps run weekly throughout the summer! Space is still available!
- Education & Leadership – Academic Enrichment, Youth & Government, Health
- Well-Being & Fitness – Group Fitness, Personal Training, Classes for Special Populations, Water Exercise, and Mind/Body Classes.
- Family Time – Family Nights, Family Karate, Family Swim and More!
- Sports & Recreation – Adult Sports Leagues