August 31 is National Eat Outside Day- and Santee is a perfect place to celebrate!
From high ground to riverside, picnic table to grass- in Santee you can eat outside in just about anyway possible. So, whether you've got a picnic basket or just grabbed a sandwhich, take some time to eat outside on Friday.
In the comments tell us your favorite spot to picnic in Santee!
Great places to picnic in Santee:
- all sorts of spots by the water
- great view of Santee and Gillespie Field
- no picnic benches at the top, but plenty of rocks and a 360 degree view
/ - watch some recreation while you eat
- shaded picnic area and spots along the trail to picnic near the river
- secret spot: behind the Visitors Center (follow the parking lot road up and to the right on foot)
- huge gazebo picnic area in shade
- great for last minute picnic, right off of Mission Gorge Road
area- get some grub at the and hang out at the picnic tables here
- from West Hills to Big Rock, each of Santee's eight parks are great for picnics
Where do you picnic in town?