The CPUC did not vote as expected on Jan 24th on Quail Brush-related agenda items. According to Preserve Wild Santee:
More time to (click links below) email the CPUC, CEC, and Gov. Brown!
Jan 25th is the 1st year anniversary of the CEC "Public Informational Meeting" that sparked the public fight in defense of our community from corporate invaders, Cogentrix/Goldman Sachs (now Cogentrix/Carlyle Group) and SDGE.
Remember: If the CPUC holds an SD forum prior to their vote, we all need to be there. Strength in numbers moved our fight forward during 2012.
Add your constructive comments, ideas and share your creative suggestions and commitments to ramp up community involvement in 2013 at this blog.
- If you're a student that cares about the future and environment you'll inherit, can you spearhead spreading the word on campus and get your peers and your professors on board in this good fight!
- Can you head up a "QB Watch", to promote email campaigns and attendance at public forums/meetings amongst our neighbors, your church group, children's school, sport groups, happy hour crowd, you-name-it?
- Can you & friends make a highly visible banner and hike to good vantage points in Mission Trails or Cowles Mtn and unfurl it to make a statement of opposition to the power plant and defense of the park when you hike?
- Can you be your own boss, stay updated at the links above, dive in & fight the power plant your way and show a few others how to, too?
- Can you create an awesome video showing the uniqueness, beauty of MTRP & the contrasting corporate ugliness that proposes to destroy it? Oh wait, Patty & Mark have done that. See them attached to this blog.
- Can you write to the CEC providing your personal account or professional input that testifies your opposition to the power plant. An example of a professional/personal letter is attached. Here's the CEC link of all comments from the many faithful fighters: http://www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/quailbrush/documents/others/comments/ Still, many more voices are needed. Multiple comments are useful and allowed by the CEC.
- Can you share info with your contacts & send links to encourage emailing the CPUC, CEC, Gov Brown & Facebook "Like" the organizations fighting!
- Share you game/fight plan in the comments below, and "just do it!" Ideas are for sharing.
We made great strides in 2012. Let's gear up now to win in 2013!