A sailor from Santee died Monday night as a result of serious burns he received from an explosion at a homecoming party in Philidelphia in February.
According to ABC.com, Petty Officer Second Class Pasquale Troisi, 31, was in a medically induced coma for three weeks at Temple University Hospital with 77-percent of his body burned. He was a father of two, engaged to be married and had served three tours of duty overseas, just having returned from Afghanistan.
According to police, a freestanding front-loading fireplace exploded at the party in the Upper Moreland suburb, setting Troisi on fire. Investigators say someone had poured gasoline onto the fire to get the wet logs to burn.