The Republican Party of San Diego County unanimously endorsed several candidates for re-election at its monthly meeting in Rancho Bernardo on Monday, including and , whose districts represent Santee.
"The Republican Party of San Diego County is committed to electing and re-electing Republicans to every office up for election in 2012 throughout our county," Chairman Tony Krvaric said in a statement.
"While Democrats continue to put up candidates who defend the status quo and place the interests of special interests and government labor unions first, our Republican candidates are committed to always placing the interests of taxpayers first," he said.
U.S. House of Representatives
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista), District 49 that includes Vista, Oceanside, Camp Pendleton,Carlsbad, Encinitas and Orange County communities.
- Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-Solana Beach), District 50, running for seat in new District 52 that includes parts of Rancho Bernardo and Poway.
- Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-El Cajon), District 52, running for seat in new District 50 that spreads across East County, including Ramona and Santee.
California State Assembly
- Assemblyman Brian Jones, (R-Santee), District 77 (East County)
San Diego County Board of Supervisors
- Supervisor Dianne Jacob, District 2 (East County)
- Supervisor Greg Cox, District 1 (South County)
The group previously expressed support for presidential candidate Ron Paul in a . Other candidates previously endorsed include San Diego City Attorney Jan Goldsmith; City Council District 1 candidate Ray Ellis; and City Council District 5 candidate Mark Kersey.